Zobo is one of the most popular Nigerian traditional drinks, but its variations can be found all over the world. It also has a lot of nutritional benefits and a really nice taste.
If you would like to make a zobo drink for yourself or loved ones; here is how to go about it:
- 5-6 cups of Zobo
- 2-3 middle sized ginger (optional)
- 4 cups of water
- Thoroughly wash the leaves.(Don’t worry about them losing their colour; most likely, it’s a speck of dust coming off them.)
- Put them in a deep pot and add water.
- Put pot on the fire and wait until the water boils, add chopped garlic and ginger.
- Then,let the drink boil for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar and pepper according to your taste.
- Let it cool down; when cool, filter it through a sieve or cloth.
After following these steps above, your drink is ready.