One of the main challenges of life is to set your own deadlines to create a productive strategy around what needs doing. It ensures progress to your business goals. Without proper self discipline, you may lose track of time or have unproductive days. Therefore, self discipline is one of the key skills to achieve your big milestones in your business and it is all about willpower. To control yourself, you need to learn the following tips.

First, you need to realise that self discipline needs practice.

It might take a while to realise and identify your strengths and weaknesses as a business owner, what works best for you and what accelerate your productivity. You might have tried different ways and have few conversations with your mentors. However, you need to be honest with yourself by giving time to develop a strategy you’d diligently follow.

You should schedule the most important task for the beginning of the day.

We all have been in a situation where we have a big task before us and it is the most important ones that get us the biggest results. A clear signal that you are not dedicated to the work is when you start saying, “I’d do it later or I’d do it first thing tomorrow morning.”

Brian Tracy stated in his book, Eat that Frog that the frog is the biggest most important task and the ones you are most likely to procrastinate. He concluded that the ability to get the ugliest frog done will probably have more impact on your success.

ALSO READ  Start Your Business without Breaking the Bank

Read Also: Tips to Transforming Your Idea into a Sustainable Business

Lastly, remember to use the 80/20 rule.

The rule highlights that most business owner spend only 20% of their time on the most valuable tasks within their business with the remaining 80% spent on trivial ones. Similarly, roughly 80% of the results in your business come from the 20% of the efforts. Therefore, your role is to identify and focus on the truly vital 20 % of tasks. With this, you’d see both in your business and your life.

Self discipline is only hard if you keep telling yourself that it is. The Rock said, “All successes begin with discipline. It starts with you.” So, work on what that matters, be disciplined with your time and see how much difference that makes.

Hits: 4