Highly sensitive people are more aware of subtleties and process information deeply. They view and experience the world differently than others. They tend to be creative, insightful, and empathetic, but they are more prone than others to stress.
Being highly sensitive is completely normal. It is not a disease. However, it is often misunderstood because about 20% of the population are highly sensitive persons. So, if you relate to the below signs, there is a good chance that you are a highly sensitive person.
- You abhor violence and cruelty of any kind. Also, you might not be able to watch very scary or violent movies without getting upset.
- You are always emotionally down from absorbing other people’s feelings.
- You’re more sensitive to stimulation and time pressure is no exception.
- Whether you are an introvert or extrovert, you find yourself withdrawing to a quiet room at the end of a long day.
- You are jumpy.
- You are a deep thinker. Also, you seek answers to the big questions in life.
- You are more sensitive to pain of all kinds such as headaches, body aches, injuries and more.
- High sensitivity is often mislabelled. You may have been called shy or anxious and perhaps it was implied that something was wrong with you. However, 30% of highly sensitive people are extroverts.
- When there is disagreement in your close relationship, you feel it deeply. Conflict is your poison.
- Criticism feels like a dagger to you.
- You’re seen as perceptive and insightful because you notice things others miss.
So, would you consider yourself highly emotional, intuitive or easily overwhelmed? High sensitivity is an innate trait equally dispersed among all gender identities. However, despite what others might say, being the sensitive type is actually pretty awesome.
Read Also : 6 Signs You Take Everything Personally