Can you imagine a greater marital crisis than an emotional affair? When your husband finds intimacy and an emotional connection with another woman, the physical aspect is not far behind, and the slippery road to divorce begins. But how can you know if your spouse is emotionally involved with someone else?
The 6 Most Common Emotional Affair Signs
Marriage is built on an emotional connection between two people. When one partner goes outside of marriage to seek fulfillment, whether that fulfillment is sexual or emotional in nature – that is cheating.
Here are the most common signs he’s having an emotional affair:
- If your husband has a deep personal relationship with some intensity (with another woman), the relationship has probably crossed over to an emotional affair.
- Sharing private thoughts – if he shares his most private thoughts with someone other than you – He is probably getting emotionally attached to that other woman.
- 3. Hiding the extent of the “side” relationship – If he is secretive about his “friendship” and hiding text messages and his cell phone – it means he has something to hide.
- 4. Getting angry and defensivewhen asked about the other woman – when you ask him about these little signs – does he get angry and try to blame you for snooping instead of answering your question? If the answer is yes – it means he is feeling guilty and trying to hide the truth shift the attention to you. Generally, the response from the person who has been “caught” is to argue, “What, you mean I can’t have a friend of the opposite sex?”
- 5. He doesn’t share his problems with you. If he never has, it’s less suspicious. But if he used to share his struggles with you and now he doesn’t, plus he has a female friend, he is probably sharing them with her.
- He is not interested in sex (because he fantasizes about her), or is more interested than ever (because he is more sexually aroused by the excitement of having a crush on someone else).
Source: How to save a marriage