Among other fruits such as apples, bananas contain some important nutrients that can have positive impact on the health. The benefits of eating banana cannot be overemphasised. They are free of fat, cholesterol and sodium. Bananas help you to fight depression, relive morning sickness and cure hangovers. So, here are some reasons you must eat banana:
- Bananas are a great source of vitamin B6. Basically, this type of vitamin helps your body to produce red blood cells, dispose bad chemicals from the kidneys and maintain a healthy nervous.
- They are sources of vitamin C. For the body to grow well, it needs vitamin C and the vitamin in bananas protects your body against cell and tissue damage. Also, it helps the brain to produce serotonin (a hormone that affects your sleep cycle, moods).
- They are good for your skin. To make your skin glow appropriately, you need to take banana often. This is because manganese in banana protects your skin and other cells against free radical damage.
- They are good for the heart health and blood pressure. Banana provides 320-400mg of potassium and it meets about 10% of your daily needs. It should be noted that potassium helps your body to maintain a healthy heart and blood pressure.
- Bananas contain fibre useful for the body. Fibres are a good source to leverage the blood sugar level and to remove fatty substances in the body. Also, the intake of fibre in banana helps you to manage your weight.
So, the best time to eat banana depends on your nutritional needs. However, it’s best to avoid eating banana at night to be safe from indigestion. Enjoy your bananas.