At one point or the other in our lives, we may have been confronted with issues with sleeping which often fade away. However persistent sleeping difficulties that interferes with your daily activities calls for concerns. Majority have regarded it as a norm, hmmm… It shouldn’t be so because the long term effects could be adverse to our wellbeing such as gaining of weight, increase in blood pressure and many more thus, one action could generate multiple reactions. The following will help promote quality sleep and in turn keep us healthy always.
- Minimize drinks that contain caffeine such as coke, coffee and the likes.
- Exercise on a regular basis.
- Try as much to avoid eating late night meals and snacks. At least two hours before bedtime, you shouldn’t be found eating anything as this can interfere with your sleep. These meals we eat need time to digest properly.
- Make sure your bed is laid properly and your room is well ventilated.
- Develop a regular sleep routine to enhance quality sleep.
- When you are in bed, avoid activities that may likely keep you awake such as chatting with your phone and most importantly working in bed. The impact of doing these activities while in bed is that it makes your brain alert and keeps you awake. Hence, this forfeits the purpose of you being relaxed before you finally sleep off.
- However, if you don’t feel tired such that you can sleep off , engage in meditation, listen to slow music, read or indulge in less straneous activities. These gradually calm your nerves and make you sleep off.
- Occasionally, the position of your bed and the position of sleeping should be changed to enable you sleep better. Thus, it adjusts the position of your body.
Identify the basic causes of your sleeping problem and find ways to improve your sleep and quality of life.