Sandwich is one of the quickest meals that you can easily make at home by yourself. You can eat this for breakfast or during lunch time with your favourite drink, or pack it up for your kids to munch at school and for yourself at work. It’s a fantastic choice of food when you are in dilemma about what to prepare for breakfast or lunch.
Varieties of Sandwich
1.Open or Open-Faced
Open sandwiches use one kind of bread and have the filling on top. The bread slices can be cut into squares, triangles, or rounds.
A plain sandwich is made up of two slices of bread that is sometimes toasted. The crusts may or may not be removed, depending upon your preference. Butter, mayonnaise, or a prepared sandwich spread may be used as lining to prevent the bread from absorbing moisture from the filling.
Pinwheels are made of a flatbread bread that is cut lengthwise, Fresh bread is preferable because it’s easy to roll and will not crack. The smooth fillings are poured in and rolled up. Use a sharp knife or a bread knife so the cuts clear and neat. Arrange and serve them on a platter.
4. Closed Tea
Closed tea sandwiches may be made ahead of time and frozen. They should be removed from the freezer at least three hours before they are to be served.
A ribbon sandwich is basically a multi-tiered sandwich. Colored bread is suitable for this type of sandwich. Alternating each layers with different fillings
6. Mosaic or Checkerboard
A checkerboard or mosaic version uses two sandwiches. This type of sandwich looks best when the types of bread you use are different colors. These are sometimes called checkerboard sandwiches because the alternating colors look like a checkerboard
- 4 or more slices of bread (with crust cut off – optional)
- 2 hardboiled eggs – chopped
- 1 fresh tomato – deseeded and chopped
- Quarter of a small cabbage or Lettuce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Sardine
How to prepare Sandwich
- Mix mayonnaise, vegetables and eggs together. Set aside.
- In another plate, mash the sardines well and mix with butter to help mask the strong smell.
- Spread the sardine mix and the mayonnaise mix on one side of bread and cover with another slice of bread. Repeat with the other slices until you have stacked all four slices of bread with these delicious fillings.
- Cut your sandwich into your desired shape.
You are good to go. Bon Appetit.