Strawberry banana is a fruity flavour, fantastic in smoothie form. A strawberry-banana smoothie is a perfect breakfast or afternoon snack, and it is easy to make.
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup frozen unsweetened or fresh strawberries
1 medium banana, sliced (1 cup)
4 or 5 medium ice cubes
- Place the ingredients in blender, cover and blend on high speed for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses; serve immediately.
Enjoy your smoothie!
- Substitute frozen sliced peaches for the strawberries and peach yogurt for the strawberry yogurt. Remove bananas.
- To freeze fruits, sort, wash and drain fruits carefully. Prepare fruits as you would for serving, removing stems, coring, peeling and slicing as needed. Frozen fruit will retain much of the nutritional value but will be softer after freezing. Small whole fruits such as berries and cherries can be frozen individually, and then placed in bags for later use.
- Be ready to make this easy, tasty smoothie by freezing ripe bananas ahead.
- Whether you are enjoying this smoothie for breakfast or dessert, adding a couple of fresh strawberries is a perfect finishing touch.